The Territorial Army of India is a part-time volunteer auxiliary military group that offers support services to the Indian Army. It is made up of personnel who have ranks equivalent to those in the Indian Army and also work in the private sector, including officers, junior commissioned officers, non-commissioned officers, who also have civilian occupations and other personnel. The purpose of TA is to relieve the regular army of stationary tasks, support civil administration in maintaining essential services and responding to natural disasters, as well as to provide troops for the regular army as and when needed. The most crucial thing to keep in mind about TA is that it is only available to citizens and employees who have previously served in the regular army, navy, air force, police, GREF, paramilitary, and other forces.
The Territorial Army (TA), like all defence-related organizations, has its own set of requirements for membership. The necessary paperwork, qualifying standards, and tests for the Territorial Army will all be covered in this article.
TA- eligibility requirements
- Age Limit: The age limit for the Territorial Army is 18 to 42 years as on the last day of filing of application.
- Educational qualifications: A candidate for TA must be a graduate from any recognised university. No specialised educational background is required.
- Nationality: As far as the nationality for Territorial Army Eligibility is concerned, the candidates must be Indian. No other nationality will be accepted.
- Physical Standards: A candidate must fulfill all medical and physical requirements as stated by the Territorial Army. For fitness qualification, candidates must serve physical and medical certificates to the authorities for further procedure.
- Employment Criteria: This criterion is unique amongst all defence entrance exams. A candidate must be gainfully employed in order to be a part of the Territorial Army.
Documents needed to prove Territorial Army Eligibility
- All educational qualification certificates from Class 10th onwards.
- Latest physical fitness certificate from MBBS doctor.
- Identity proof with photograph which Voter ID/PAN Card/Aadhar Card/Passport/Driving license etc)
- Domicile/ Residential proof.
- Age proof certificate (Matric/ Senior Secondary mark sheet & certificate for verification of date of birth).
- Service certificate to be served by candidates employed in Central Govt/ Union Territory/ State/Semi Govt. / Private Sector Authenticated by Head of the office along with Governmental documentation.
- Self-employed candidates are required to submit their attested documents stating the nature of employment and annual income certificates.
- Ex-Service Officers whose names vary in documents should submit a copy of the Gazette notification of India and also a copy of the release order.
- Copy of release medical board proceedings.
- Latest income proof from the appropriate authority (i.e., Income Tax Revenue Department / Magistrate / Employer).
- Copy of PAN Card.
- Copy of Aadhar Card.
- Copy of Certificates / Reports of all Courses.
TA Exam selection process-
The selecting procedure in TA has three stages:
There are three steps to the Territorial Army Exam selection procedure for civilians.
First up is PIB, which entails a written test. The SSB, a personality exam, is the next level. The medical stage is the last. The various steps are described below.
Candidates who pass the screening test will be contacted and asked to report to the territory army headquarters for a preliminary interview board (PIB) and written exam. All of the important documents will be examined by the board.
Candidates will be contacted for the SSB Interview after passing the PIB. Here, the physical and mental faculties of each candidate will be evaluated.
All candidates will be contacted for a medical checkup after passing the SSB.
TA Written exam pattern
For the written exam, the pattern includes 2 papers with 200 questions and 200 marks. The time duration of each paper is 2 hours. Required subjects for this exam are Mathematics, Reasoning, General Knowledge and English. 50 questions for 50 marks are asked for each subject.
|Total Number of Questions
Mentors Defence Institute: Best defence institute in Dehradun
Mentors Defence Institute is no.1 defence institute in Uttarakhand, which provides best defence coaching for different defence exams. Mentors specializes in training candidates for SSB & WRITTEN EXAM for all Officer level entry into the Armed Forces. It has the Expertise in moulding personality and developing Leadership skills of young aspirants who are desirous of joining Armed Forces in the officers Cadre, by preparing them to face and excel in Service Selection Board (SSB). The Institute has a vast network of infrastructure including specialists in all three techniques of SSB viz Group Testing Officer (GTO), Interviewing Officer (IO) and Psychologist which provides the candidate with real time scenario of SSB. Personalised Attention is given to each candidate at Mentors Defence Institute, which is equipped with vast infrastructure, experienced and versatile teachers and good study material.